Who should attend?
This course is aimed at complete beginners of the ICT World.
At a Glance
This course is designed to enable the student to understand the main concepts of ICT at a general level, and to know about the different parts of a computer.
Course Level: Beginner
Time frame/Duration: 8 Hours
Chapter 1: Hardware
Chapter 2: Software
Chapter 3: Networks
Chapter 4: ICT in Everyday Life
Chapter 5: Security
Chapter 6: Law
- Understand what hardware is, know about factors that affect computers performance and know about peripheral devices.
- Understand what software is and give examples of common applications software and operating system software.
- Understand how information networks are used within computing, and be aware of the different options to connect to the Internet.
- Recognize what Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is and give examples of its practical applications in everyday life.
- Understand health and safety and environmental issues in relation to using computers.
- Distinguish important security issues associated with using computers.
- Identify important legal issues in relation to copyright and data protection associated with using computers.