Who should attend?
This course is aimed at complete beginners of the graphic design world.
At a Glance
This course is designed to enable the student to design graphics for print and graphics for web using industry standard tools.
What will you learn?
Course Level: Beginner
Time frame/Duration: 30 Hours
Topic 1: Basics of Photoshop
Topic 2: Getting To Know the Work Area
Topic 3: Navigating a Document
Topic 4: Working with Selections
Topic 5: Mastering Selections
Topic 6: Refined Selections
Topic 7: Photo Touch Ups
Topic 8: Painting and Design
Topic 9: Vector Tools
Topic 10: Text
Topic 11: Vectors and Type
Topic 12: The Layers Panel
Topic 13: Working with Masks
Topic 14: Saving Your Work
Topic 15: General Image Techniques
Topic 16: Enhancing an Image
Topic 17: Advanced Image Techniques
Topic 18: Filters
Topic 19: Layer Composition
Topic 20: Automation
Topic 21: Outputting
• To introduce the student to the field of graphic design, the realities of design practice and the procedures of the beginner.
• To develop systems of creative thinking that will aid in solving visual problems.
• To explore how problems are resolved in graphic design and how ideas are generated.
• To understand and define successful graphic design.
• Acquire basic graphic design software skills
• Discuss and understand some basic visual communication theories related to graphic design
• Participate in and understand how to critique of visual form
• Develop basic hand skills related to graphic design presentation and print prototyping