Who should attend?
This course is aimed at complete beginners of the graphic design world.
At a Glance
This course is designed to enable the student to design graphics for print and graphics for web using industry standard tools.
Course Level: Beginner
Time frame/Duration: 16 Hours
Chapter 1:Navigating the Workspace
Chapter 2: Working with Documents
Chapter 3: Image Modes & Color Selection
Chapter 4: Selections and Masks
Chapter 5: Layers and Blend Modes
Chapter 6: Adding and Working with Type
Chapter 7: Painting Tools
Chapter 8: Retouching Tools
• To introduce the student to the field of graphic design, the realities of design practice and the procedures of the beginner.
• To develop systems of creative thinking that will aid in solving visual problems.
• To explore how problems are resolved in graphic design and how ideas are generated.
• To understand and define successful graphic design.
• Acquire basic graphic design software skills
• Discuss and understand some basic visual communication theories related to graphic design
• Participate in and understand how to critique of visual form
• Develop basic hand skills related to graphic design presentation and print prototyping